Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Games Review



What's up guys? I just came back from the movies with a couple of friends, and we watched The Hunger Games.
If you haven't heard of this movie (because you live under a rock), this a film adaptation of the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Colins.

Yes this isn't on the list, but I thought I'd review it anyway.

One thing I have to say: SHAKYCAM GALORE

They overdid the shakycam. Sure its exhilarating, but most of the time, I didn't understand what was going on. Besides for the unfortunate cinematography, this movie was pretty good. I enjoyed the first book, but I haven't read the rest of the series yet. It wasn't that close to the book's important details. Most of the characters were very close to what I imagined them as. The acting was pretty good in my opinion, especially for such young child actors. But I thought some scenes were rushed, and not as prominent in the movie as the book. And I thought some of the parts were a bit too gruesome, but after all, it was rated PG-13. One thing I liked was how they made the control room, I thought it was an interesting and high tech addition to the movie. And I loved Seneca's beard, that was crazy!
This movie displays the appalling possibilities of a dystopia ruled by an oppresive government, and how all of the lower groups have to sacrifice their loved ones while the upperclassmen watch and enjoy.
Overall, I would give this movie a 7/10, had it not been for the excessive shakycam, it would have gotten an 8/10.
It was nice to see the movie the day it came out, one of the first times I've been able to do this!

And may the odds be ever in your favor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment